Thursday, April 28, 2011

Little Encouragements

Yesterday, one of my students drew this picture for me! I thought it was so sweet. It's funny how the students do not understand that there will be approximately 17,000 people there and that I will not be winning first place. Not only will I not be getting first place overall, but not in womens or even my age group. But in their innocent minds they think I am the best runner out there!

In three days I will not be running a marathon in hopes of winning a place. I will be running my first marathon in hopes that I will have impacted at least one student's life. I am sure this picture will be one of many things that flash through my mind as I run 26.2 miles on Sunday.

This is what I have trained 16 weeks for. This is what I have worked so hard for. This is what I have suffered for. This is what I have endured for!

1 comment:

  1. Ms. Brown you are a hero and an inspiration... You are a winner in their eyes... Thats what matters right?
    Have a great race!

    ReplyDelete